Sunday, March 11, 2012

Parking Lot

How cute and fun is this? I found this idea on Pinterest and just redid it to make it my own. I have been using it in my small group lessons to encourage the learning of sight words. I laminated several of them so I can use them over and over again. I put words in the parking spaces with a dry erase marker for easy removal. I usually put words on it that we are reviewing and ones the children will find in the book they are going to read with me during the guided reading lesson. The children use a matchbox car and drive it to the correct sight word and park their car on that spot. Such a motivating and fun activity. You could use it for so many things, not just sight words. You could put letters in the parking spaces, or numbers, shapes, number sentences, and so much more!! I have added it to our Teachers Pay Teachers store for only $1!! Take a look here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Parking-Lot-Fun


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...